Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Habakkuk

"Look at the nations and watch- and be utterly amazed.  For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." Habakkuk 1:5


This was the Lord's reply when Habakkuk cried out to Him.  Habakkuk said, "...How long Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen...why do you make me look at injustice..."  What an amazing promise to someone who was struggling wih his calling.  I find such encouragement in this passage.  I have only been here around two weeks, but there are times when I am just like Lord, why am I here?  This passage showa me that even if I do not know why, God knows why I am here.  He is going to use me to do great things for His glory.

These last couple of days have been a blur.  This past weekend we went to Tortuga, Beauchamp, Salines Mayette, and La Baie.  I felt like I did not spend enough time at any of the places, but I had a great time at all of them.  Salines Mayette and La Baie are both orphanages.  These definitely hold a special place in my heart as these children are just like my sister.  At La Baie, I was able to reconnect with Kenny, a boy I fell in love with when he was in Saint Louis's baby orphange.  I have no idea if he remembered me, but being able to spend time with him was such a blessing.

So many amazing things are happening, and the groups are not even here! One of the staff members started raising money to buikd James's family a new home. In less than five days, he raised 10,000 dollars! James is getting a new home.. and hopefully this summer! There is a video on my facebook about it that is definitely worth watching!

Thank you everyone for you comments and emails.  They have been so encouraging! I love you all :]

4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to see Kenny while you were there. I'm willing to bet that the joy you gave him by spending time with him was your purpose for that particular day. You may not always see the big picture, but you ARE making a difference each day you are there. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Toro! praying for you everyday !!
    You are where you are supposed to be and your impact will last even after you come home. Its not the big things that always make the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added my prayers today to those of many people who are praying for you. The classic dilemma we all wrestle with when in a third world country is the overwhelming nature of poverty. If you focus on it, it will render you ineffective. Better to help one than to help none. Remember, the poor too have blessings from God. James 2:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor [e]of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? They are quite often much richer in faith than we are. blessings Scott Martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tore,
    Uncle Calvin and I are so very proud of you! You are honoring the One and Only, True and Holy GOD with yor obedience to HIS leading. HE will make your path straight - and exactly where HE needs you. As Mr. Martin said, the poverty can be so overwhelming, and depressing if you allow it to be. Satan wants to render you useless, or less effective by having you focus on the distractions. Try to focus on each individual soul, who needs Jesus. Once they come to know HIM, no man can pluck them from His hand (John 10:28). There is no greater gift.
    Much love and prayers, Aunt Debby

    ReplyDelete