Monday, June 11, 2012

Be Still

He says, "be still, and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 

I knew that living in Haiti for the summer was going to be crazy.  I knew that it would be filled with ridiculously long days with a neverending list of things to do.  However, I did not realize how much of an opportunity I would have to be still and know that He is God.  I cannot describe how amazing it is to wake up every morning and know that I am doing God's Will.  I am right where He currently wants me to be.  That blows my mind.  Even though things are crazy, I am away from all the distractions that keep me from listening to that still small voice. I love that.  Another thing I love about being here is how dependent I am forced to be on Scripture. God's Word is where I find mmy hope and my strength to get through the day.  I love that I am forced to flip through my Bible seeking verses that will help me.

My first group is here.  They have been keeping me busy, and I have found it to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  It is differet in the way that on my previous trips I have been here to pour out into the Haitians.  I am still here to do that, but I am also responsibke for pouring out into my American group. I love being able to watch them fall in love with the country I have fallen in love with!

Today we went to House of Hope.  It is a home for children who are severly ill.  The majority of the children suffer from TB or extreme malnourishment. The goal of House of Hope is to nurse the children back to health so they can return to their families.  I loves being able to love on the children.  I was once again reminded how precious a child's laughter can be.

I must be going to bed, but I want to thank you for all the emails and comments.  They have encouraged me in an indescribable way!

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Tracy Kidder's "Mountains Beyond Mountains"? It's a biography of Paul Farmer who is a Doctor. Farmer is a doctor who served in Haiti trying to change health-care on a global scale. Here's an NPR article about it:

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1472188

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tore, it is amazing to read your blogs and see God's work in your life! You are truly experiencing what it is like to be in God's Will! I am humbled by how you have emptied yourself and are now filled with Jesus Christ! You are a powerful example and witness to all people and you are truly living the great commission by serving him throughout all the world! You are continually in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete