Saturday, July 28, 2012

Restore Retreat

Well my mother informed me it was time to blog, so here I am. This week has been crazy but so much fun! This group is called the "Restore Retreat" so it has been like a conference on top of a mission trip. I have really enjoyed the times of worship, prayer, and fellowship. 

Apart from the devotion times, we have also been going out to different sites. The other day we went to Ansefalour. I was able to return to the house that had the new baby. The baby was doing great, as was the mother. It meant a lot to me to be able to continue the relationship with them. I felt like it helped them understand that we really do care about them. We are not going to meet them once and forget about them. 

My group was originally supposed to go to La Baie, which is my favorite campus. They then decided to go to the Beauchamp campus. I can't lie, I was pretty upset because I was really looking forward to going to La Baie. However, it ended up a couple of other interns were already going to Beauchamp, and they took my group. I was able to tag along with another group going to La Baie. I had so much fun there. We were able to eat lunch in different families from the community's houses. It was an amazing opportunity to experience more of true Haitian culture. At La Baie campus, there are fourteen orphans. I had already fallen in love with Kenny, when he was at the baby orphanage in Saint Louis. By the time we left today, I was in love with all fourteen. They were the sweetest kids ever, and they had the biggest personalities. They were so excited to show us how they could count to ten in English. You could clearly see how much they craved for attention, and I'm so thankful I was able to go love on them. We took them to the playground that the church helped build, and seeing their faces light up was something indescribable. 

My time is quickly coming to an end. As much as I miss my family, I am not ready to leave at all. These people have given me such a different appreciation on life in general. I am going to miss this place so very much. uch a different appreciation on life in general. I am going to miss this place so very much.

1 comment:

  1. So good to read your post. Your mom was right, it was time to blog :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete