Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Intern Family :]


Now that the groups are gone, there is not a lot going on here.  I thought it would be fun to write a little about all of my fellow interns.  I am not sure where to start, so I will just start with who lives closest to me.

Spencer - Spencer or "50 Spenc" as his name tag says is also from Lexington.  I would have to describe him by his sense of humor.  If you know my mother, it is a lot like hers: very sarcastic.  Spencer definitely keeps things fun.

Sinclair - Sinclair is from Western Kentucky.  We joke that Sinclair is the perfect guy,  and many girls from different groups have asked about him.  Unfortunately for them, Sinclair is taken.  He is a great sport though, and he always lets us tease him.

Logan - Logan is really from Indiana, but I consider him another Kentuckian because he goes to KCU.  he is the most go with the flow person ever.  I am pretty sure that Logan is incapable of getting mad or being mean.  

Lisa - Lisa is from Tennessee.  She is the momma hen of the group.  Lisa is the medical intern, and her speciality is midwifery.  However, she knows how to take care of people from infants to elderly.

Kelsey - Kelsey is from Illinois.  I would say that she brings the spunk to the group.  Kelsey always has energy and is always willing to do something fun.  She is also usually the one coming up with crazy ideas or at least adding to them.

Caitlin - Caitlin is from West Virginia.  Unfortunately, she is spending the majority of the summer at the Mole.  This is Caitlin's third summer interning, so I pester her with a lot of questions.  Thankfully, she always seems happy to help.

Morgan - Morgan is from Missouri.  She is also interning primarily at the Mole.  Morgan is the most encouraging person ever.  Even from another campus, she makes sure that we are all doing well.  

Melissa - Melissa is from Florida.  The Haitians call her "Ti Blanc" or little white.  She might be little, but she is strong.  I will never forget when the nurse gave her four lidocaine shots.  Melissa could not walk and was throwing up, but she just laughed.

Allison - Aly is from Texas.  She is the Miriam Center intern, and she has a heart of gold.  She is extremely patient, and you can tell how much she loves the kids of the Miriam Center.

Kelly - Kelly is from California.  I feel like I can talk to all of the interns, however, Kelly is always there to listen to me.  She listens when I am happy, sad, frustrated, and so much more.  She is always willing to help: me, the groups, or the Haitians.

As you can tell, we all come from different places and are very different people.  It amazes me to see how God orchestrated us all being here this summer.  While we are all different, our weaknesses are each other's strengths.  I love this group of interns, and I could not be happier to serve along side of them.  I have no doubt in my mind that I have already made some friendships that will last a very long time.  We have become more than friends here, but rather a family.  We are hardly halfway through our summer, and we have made so many memories.  We have some good ones, some bad ones, and a lot of funny ones.  I love spending time with each and every one of my new family members.

1 comment:

  1. So fun to hear about the others serving with you!! I'm sure you're excited for your mom to arrive. We're praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete