Friday, August 10, 2012

My Last Day

Well I've been putting off blogging. I keep telling myself I don't want to spend the time on it, however, truthfully I just want to stay in denial about leaving. Today is my last day in Haiti. How crazy is that? I feel like I got off the plane yesterday. This has easily been the best summer of my life. I have changed, grown, and most importantly increased my relationship with Christ. I am so very thankful for this opportunity. 

This week has been full of "lasts."  My last time going to Bonneau, my last time going to the market, my last time going to Ansefalour, my last Bible Study. This has definitely given me a different perspective on things. I have felt like I have needed to cherish each moment even more. Thankfully, God has given me many moments to cherish. I have been able to spend a lot of time loving on and being loved be my friends outside the mission and inside the mission. I am going to miss my boys outside, James and Niason, the Miriam Center kids, and so many more. Yesterday I was able to revisit the baby in Ansefalour. The baby has been sick, so I was able to pray with him and his mom. I was so glad I got to see them again! 

My real story, and the thing that got me to blog, is the boys Bible study. Tuesday, one of the group members lead a great Bible study where the boys were able to talk about their hopes and dreams. It was so cool to hear what they want to do and to realize they have dreams just like everyone else. Well yesterday I was able to lead Bible study. I shared my testimony with the boys about how going to church and loving God isn't what will get you to Heaven. I shared about having to have the specific moment where you ask God to come into your heart. After I shared my story, I asked if anyone hadn't had that moment but wanted to. My friend Kiki raised his hand. It was such and honor and blessing to be able to walk him through the Romans Road and pray with him. I am so incredibly excited, and I know the angels are rejoicing with me! 

Well I am off to spend my last day in Haiti. It is incredibly bittersweet, but I am looking forward to seeing what incredible things God has in store for today!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are coming home already. I know your American family will be glad to have you home, but your haiti family will miss you greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for safe travels Tore! I've loved reading your blog this summer. I'm excited to see where the Lord leads you in your life!

    ReplyDelete