Sunday, May 27, 2012

Saint-Louis-du-Nord

Bonswa from Haiti! Wow, I really have no idea were to begin. Right now I am definitely feeling overwhelmed, but that is okay because I know I am where I am supposed to be. So far we have really just been getting to know the staff and getting acclimated with campus. It has been two years since I have been here, and so much of campus has changed! Haiti sill seems the same: beauty and poverty intertwined. Today we went to church. I have to admit, it definitely made me miss Daybreak. However, It was breathtaking to see the people I love worshipping the God I love. I sat down in the church and made eye contact with a little boy. Smiles immediately came to both of our faces. It was James. For those of you who do not know, James is the little boy I fell in love with my first year. The second year he impressed me again, and truly changed my perspective on life. After church, I was able to spend some time with him which was a huge blessing for me. I also spent a lot of time with Kenzie, my dad's little boy. Of course he remembered my dad, and he kept asking me where "Lex" was. He told me to tell Lex he wants to see him again, and he is very excited to meet Lex's wife in July. Some of the interns and I walked through the town for a little bit today. The Haitian people are beautiful. One boy took us to his house where we talked to him and his father. His father could not stop saying how happy he was, and the boy told us it was the best day of his life. The boy gave me a painting. Once again a people I came to serve, served me. How do I even describe that? Well that is all I have time for now. Tomorrow we start a more intense training as we will be traveling to different sites. I am so excited to see what God has in store for me! I love you all, and I miss you like crazy! Thank you for your sweet comments; they have been so encouraging!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are there safely. Love you lots and saying lots of prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tore, I am so happy you got to see James today. I know you love all the kids but he has a very special place in your heart. Dad just walked by and said I was thinking and praying about her yesterday. We all love and miss you like crazy! Only 34 days, best friend! Until I get to finally see your beautiful Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tore, I know by Phi Mu tradition you are my little, but you don't seem that little at all. You are amazing. I really can see that God is doing big things through you. I hope to be more like you one day.

    ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete